Sunday, January 25, 2015

Every Good and Perfect Gift

                       Well, it has been a while. It has been 5 months since my last post. I have been slacking. Well, slacking on my blogging. Elsewhere in life there have been a crazy amount of moving parts so bare with me, this entry is going to be a doozy.  We are pregnant! We made a little Halloween baby! It is crazy how God works. We tried for about a year, off and on. We refused to take it too seriously, and as the months passed, we decided we could use a little vacation. In July, we started researching a trip to New York and Canada for New Years, but that got really expensive, really fast that. So scratch that, fast forward a month into early September, we decided a long road trip from California to Canada was our new plan. We would take our time winding in and out of the Redwoods, soak in the serenity of the Oregon coast, have a little coffee in Seattle and then on to the beauty of British Columbia. I was so excited and I started to think, maybe next year we would make it to Ireland. In mid October, after a lot of talking and weighing options, we decided I would get back on the pill. Just for about 6 months to a year to get my body regulated and to take a little more us time. So, I called my doctor, stopped by the pharmacy, and stocked up on $200 worth of birth control. I would have to wait until early November to start my first cycle of pills, so I did. I waited, and I waited, and waited a little more. 
                        Finally, the day after Thanksgiving we woke up to get ready to go to my Aunt Jeans house. It was going to be a day filled with brunch, mimosas, Cards Against Humanity, and more mimosas. I told Philip that I felt like we should take a pregnancy test just to clear my conscience before I went and got toasty with the family. So we went and picked up a pack of two Clear Blue pregnancy tests. They are so high tech these days. They can tell you approximately how far along you are up to 3+ weeks. Philip said, "Go do your pee thing and then come back out and we will feed the dogs breakfast and wait together." I was nervous. We had wanted a baby for so long but we had finally come to the realization that we were going to be just fine if children were not in our future. My head was swimming and my stomach was turning. I couldn't wait the full 2-3 minutes so I snuck of and tip toed down the hallway. "Just look, like ripping a bandaid off, just do it and it's done." I walked to the bathroom counter, I picked up the test, and my world changed forever. "Pregnant  3+weeks." I don't even know what my initial  thought was. I was like a machine. I turned, walked down the hallway, and called around the corner, "Baby...." I guess Philip could hear something in my voice because he looked out from the kitchen with wide eyes and a smile and said "No you're not!" I broke down. I started crying and shaking and told him I was almost a month pregnant. I handed him the test and I sank into his arms. I had to sit down and breathe. I was in complete shock. He started laughing and crying and came over to my side. I was hysterical. I was happy and scared and overwhelmed all at once. I have never felt any sensation like that in my entire life. 
                       And that is how we found out we were going to be parents. We surprised my family with the news and then later in the day went to see his parents. Everyone was so happy, it was such a wonderful day. It will be the first grandbaby on my side so there were a lot of tears and plans already being made. Over the next few months we went to doctors appointments, changed my diet, found out we would meet our little angel on July 30, 2015, battled morning sickness which, by the way, is more like all day sickness, and kept the biggest news of our lives a secret. We got to hear the babies heart beat and see it kicking and squirming around. We also took the Amnio test which tells you if there are signs of any developmental issues but can also tell you the sex at 12-13 weeks. We are having a boy! I am going to have a son. That blows my mind. I always pictured myself having girls. I am so excited about the thought of a little Philip running around our house. I already love him so much it is insane. We have decided to name him Tyler John. Ty, I love it. I love him. He is already my greatest achievement and I haven't even laid eyes on his sweet little face yet. Philip has already bought his crib. He is so excited. He looks over our registry every day to make sure we haven't missed anything or to research the safety of the items we have already picked out. It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. He is going to be such an amazing dad. The nursery is well under way. My dad is painting my old toy box and dresser to match the crib and changing table and we bought a rug to keep his room warmer.  Ty got more Christmas presents than Philip and I combined. He is already so loved it is absolutely incredible. We are so blessed. God had a plan all along and it was easy to lose sight of that but now, I stand back and see it all. I understand, and I am humbled and grateful. I am honored that He has trusted me to guide a sweet baby boy through life and I pray that I live up to the challenge of motherhood. 

3 comments:

  1. I was SO goo when I saw your blog on my Feedly. I love y'all and I love TyTy! <3, MooMoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny Lane works every time! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. หนังโป๊

    ReplyDelete